The Haven has provided emergency food and shelter each night to homeless men on a temporary basis (30-60 days). Pastoral and case management services are available through qualified shelter staff, working in conjunction with local agencies. Referrals are available for clients to receive medical, psychological and legal assistance. Area churches from many denominations provide nightly church services for those wishing to attend.
- The Haven serves homeless men over 18 years old, male substance abusers over 18 years old, homeless women over 18 years old and their children, adult men with disabilities who need assisted living, and inmates of the Calhoun County Jail.
- We provide emergency shelter, meals, daily basic personal care needs, counseling, substance abuse recovery assistance, case management, support groups, transitional housing, and referrals for medical care, legal assistance, and employment.
- The Haven serves approximately 45 meals a day to the general public on weekends holidays and other days when the soup kitchen at the Salvation Army is closed.
- The Haven provides comfort and counseling to 600 inmates of the Calhoun County Jail daily.
- We are a state licensed quality Christian childcare providing a nurturing and loving environment that serves families affiliated with the Haven as well as providing additional childcare openings for the public.
Each year The Haven serves 55,000 meals to over 1,700 different homeless persons each year; daily we serve an average of 35 men, and 40 women and children in our emergency shelters, 15 men in our adult foster care unit, 26 men in our residential substance abuse treatment program and 5 to 10 families in our transitional housing program.