Since 1986, Inasmuch House has provided emergency food and shelter to single women and children.
The Inasmuch House has made great strides in services offered to families and now provides shelter
to two parent families as well. Inasmuch House is a temporary emergency shelter with stays up to 30-60 days.
Services provided at Inasmuch House:
- Advocacy, life-skills and empowerment classes, support groups, case management and referrals to social service
agencies are available to residents through qualified shelter staff.
- The full-time case management program at Inasmuch House allows staff to provide stability in an emergency situation
and with appropriate programming Inasmuch staff members are able to assist women, children and families in changing their
behaviors, attitudes, habits, and thinking concerning how to become self-sufficent. Full-time case management also
provides follow-up support services to the women, children and families.
- Inasmuch House provides room for 55 homeless individuals including women, children and families and is the only shelter
in Calhoun County that houses male-inclusive families such as men with custody of their children and women with teenage boys.
- Children learn self-confidence in a comfortable learning environment and learn positive coping mechanisms for dealing with family crisis.
Did you know:
- 41% of the homeless population in the U.S. are families.
- In 2005, one-third of requests for shelter by homeless families were denied.
- 75% of homeless parents are unemployed.
- 92% of homeless mothers were physically or sexually assaulted.
- Approximately 3.5 million people or 1% of the U.S. population experience homelessness each year.
- Statistics from homesfromthehomeless.com and nationalhomeless.org
Ways you can help:
- Financial Donations are always needed.
- In-Kind Donations - Food and supplies.